Anchor Camera Harness
Production time for Camera Harnesses is 2-3 weeks
Over a year in the making, we're excited to share the first dual Camera Harness with Peak Design Anchor links. Designed to be lightweight, silent, and seamlessly integrate between your other Peak Design camera straps.
• Peak Design Anchors for quick and secure mount.
• High Quality Full-grain Belt Leather
• Solid Brass Hardware and Sliders
• No hair snag design (long hair shooter friendly)
• Backplate integration for better weight distribution
• Removable Shoulder Pads
• 35% lighter than another popular competitor
• Silent design (no distracting jingle)
Everything you need to start shooting with two cameras
• 1x Anchor Camera Harness
• 2x Camera Tethers, with anchor links
• 2x Peak Design screw mounts
• 2x Removable shoulder pads
(safety tether sets available as a $20 add-on)
Anchor Camera Harness Spring Release 2022
When will these be on sale? We'll be releasing the next batch of Anchor Camera Harnesses on April 20th.
When will they ship? Based on order volume we plan to take orders for a week, and will aim to ship Harnesses within 2-3 weeks of being orders. We will have a limited supply of each color on hand at launch ready to ship, those will be first come first serve and will ship within a few days of ordering.
How much will they cost? The cost of these Harnesses will be $289 (add-on set of optional safety tethers will cost an additional $20, we'll have more info on this)
- Peak Design integration: Alright most of you get why this is awesome but I’ll run you few a few points.
- First, you have the quick release, this means it’s easy remove your camera at any point and swap the body to a standard neck strap like the ones we make, or throw on another body onto the harness.
- Second, it’s incredibly silent and no more metal coming in contact with your camera body.
- What about the Anchor links, are they strong enough to handle my heavy gear? Yes, each anchor link is rated at 200lb each, we’ll also have optional safety tethers available for purchase. You can read more about Peak Design Anchor links here.
- How about camera swing? Some have asked about camera swing. From my experience, but also talking with the other testers, this hasn’t been noticeably different than other Harnesses used, you’ll experience some camera swing on any Harness.
Peak Design anchor mount: This is the piece of hardware we’re using that enables you to attach to the bottom of your camera. Peak design has done a great job with this hardware in that it doesn’t come unscrewed once you’ve attached it, unlike many other screw mount attachments. You’ll use an allen key to tighten and then loosen when you are ready to remove. Here’s a link to this product for reference
- No tangle design & weight distribution:
- The leather back plate is design to keep you from accidentally tangling your harness, if you’ve used other harnesses with an X back design you know the frustration :)
- Additionally, the back plate also distributes the weight of the camera load more comfortably than X design harnesses which helps with comfort while shooting all day.
- Sizing: We've been working with a model that has a very wide range of sizing adjustments, that said we are actively working with a few other photographers with different body build sizes to get final feedback on our adjustments. If there is a sizing issue with your first edition Harness, we'll be sure to fix it to your needs.
- Lightweight and Minimal: We worked hard to deliver the smallest foot print possible, while also ensuring comfort. These Harnesses weigh ~15oz which is 35% lighter than a popular competitor harnesses. When your on your feet all day, every little bit counts in helping you manage your energy. We’ll also include removable shoulder pads which will give you that extra support on your shoulders when carrying heavier gear.
- Long-hair friendly: We’ve stripped out extra D-rings other metal hardware that is prone for hair to tangle around, this makes for a comfortable experience with taking off your harness or adjusting it.
- Leather Color options?: For this release we'll be offering a Brown and Black leather.
- Delivery timeline: Based on order volume we plan to take orders for a week, and will aim to ship Harnesses within 2-3 weeks of being orders. We will have a limited supply of each color on hand at launch ready to ship, those will be first come first serve and will ship within a few days of ordering.
This product is exactly what I need! Very pleased. Good quality and function. I use this when shooting with 2 cameras. Thanks very much.
best dual harness straps I’ve owned
I’ve used these straps twice so far, once for an hour engagement shoot and another time for a full wedding day. Both times, they were extremely comfortable, didn’t irritate me at all, and best of all, they were SILENT. My one issue was the safety tethering. It happens with any strap, but if my cameras are at my side , they spin around and get tangled. I found myself untangling them before I could shoot portrait orientation. Maybe it’s because of the battery grip, but it’ll require more experience wearing them. Besides that small issue, I love them. So glad I invested in new straps. And the smell of genuine leather is wonderful.
Bought for son who thinks it’s great. Very well made and fits well. Communication via emails during making and delivery amazing. Updates kept us informed and arrived by Christmas as promised.
Anchor camera harness
I love their camera straps for a long time. When I first saw their project with the duo straps, I ordered straight away. But to be honest, like many other kickstarter projects, I did not expect to get my order on time but they did. And love it straight away. Real good quality leather, beautiful design and not heavy at all. I definitely order more in the near future.
The Best Harness on the Market
The quality of this harness is better than any other harness I’ve owned. The pd hardware is a game changer and saves me time when switching out my cameras. I have had zero issues thus far and I recommend this to anyone thinking about getting a harness. I’ve used it for a dual camera setup as well as single camera.